Since becoming a professional speaker ten years ago he has now given over 400 keynotes to audiences as large as 13,000. Today Grant speaks on a variety of topics including motivation, leadership and entrepreneurship as well as training other speakers through The Speaker Lab training programs and podcast.
In this episode, we cover:
- 3:42 – Who do you speak to?
- 6:16 – Choosing your lane
- 13:54 – The two tribes of speaking
- 18:46 – The importance of context
- 21:22 – Pre-framing and intro scripts
- 24:49 – Find where the challenge exceeds your skillset
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Speaker Fee Calculator – myspeakerfee.com
- Rework by David Heinemeier Hansson and Jason Fried
- Twitter – @grantbaldwin