Jerry Colonna is CEO and cofounder of Reboot.io, an executive coaching and leadership development firm, and he is also the author of REBOOT: Leadership and the Art of Growing Up. Prior to his career as a coach, he was a partner with JPMorgan Partners, the private equity arm of JPMorgan Chase. He joined them from Flatiron Partners, which he launched in 1996 with partner Fred Wilson. He has used the knowledge gained as an investor, executive, and board member for more than 100 organizations to help people lead with humanity, resilience, and equanimity.
- 2:15 – The coaching/client relationship
– Your first coaching session
- 7:17 – Smuggling in mindfulness
- 8:45 – The role of mindfulness as radical self-enquiry
- 10:46 – Five times a day
- 12:20 – Red, Yellow, Green
- 15:07 – Hal Gregerson – Asking Better Questions
- 16:20 – Ed Catmull’s great question
- 17:34 – Dealing with imposter syndrome
- 18:00 – The power of a well-asked question
- 19:08 – What does success look like?
- 19:33 – What kind of company are we building?
- 19:47 – What kind of leader am I?
- 20:11 – Writing your first book
- 23:59 – The Crow
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- [email protected]
- Tools: Friends
- Books: On Writing by Stephen King
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Record: Growing Up by Bruce Springsteen
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes or Stitcher and write a brief review. That would really help get the word out and raise the visibility of the Creative Life show.