Julie Flanders is a New York based Renaissance woman. She is an award-winning songwriter, poet and creative success coach whose clients include Academy Award winners, New York Times best-selling authors, performers and creative entrepreneurs. As a writer and poet she is known for her passionate and haunting texts with Oprah Magazine columnist Martha Beck who says that Julie is rare because “she knows the language of music and the music of language equally well”. Meanwhile as a lyricist and musician her latest album with her group October Project is called ‘The Book of Rounds: 21 Songs of Grace’ and is out now on Sounds True Recordings.
“You can’t be a leader anymore without creativity.”
“Imagination is the best way to fill a space.”
“What you want and what’s right for you exists inside of you.”
– Julie Flanders
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Julie Flanders Show Notes:
- Neuroplasticity and creativity (05:04)
- Being a flexible and creative leader (10:41)
- How her personal creative process has changed (12:22)
- Using fewer tools (12:22)
- Daily creative habits (12:22)
- Band break-ups (17:12)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (24:34) (26:56)
- On comparing yourself to others (29:10)
- Creativity as cooperative and collaborative (31:04)