Ryan Kairalla is a lawyer, writer, podcaster and teacher and in this episode of The Creative Life he talks to me about poor man’s copyright and 360 deals for creatives. He advises both chart-topping music artists and up-and-coming musicians about recording, publishing and management agreements as well as litigation and copyright. His new book ‘Break The Business: Declaring Your Independence and Achieving True Success In The Music Industry’, shines a light on the pitfalls that too many music artists fall into and how musicians can achieve success on their own terms.
[Listen in iTunes] [Listen in Spotify] [Listen on Stitcher]
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Break The Business podcast and book
- The music industry is dead…or is it!
- 360 deals in book publishing and music industry
- Irving Azoff
- Role of the music lawyer
- Making a music career plan
- Poor man’s copyright
- Hardware store for lightbulb moments
- All You Need To Know About The Music Industry by Donald Passman
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones
- Ryan on Twitter
- Break The Business
- Hypebot article
Enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes or Stitcher and write a brief review. That would really help get the word out and raise the visibility of the Creative Life show.