As a creative business manager to creative freelancers, Corwin cares about the why and how of making a living from ones passion and how to sell your art. He manages talent such as world-renowned photographer and best-selling author David duChemin. He is the author of ‘Living the Dream: Putting Your Creativity to Work [and Getting Paid] which is a business book for creative people.
[Listen in iTunes] [Listen in Spotify] [Listen on Stitcher]
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The role of the business manager
- Choosing the right business manager
- Opportunity costs
- 7 clients
- CEO, Concierge, Consigliere, Counsellor
- Drawing a crowd
- Target Audience vs Target Market
- Zagging and Zigging
- Financial advice for creative professionals
- Diversifying your creative income streams
- Drawing from parallel industries
- Business manager for chefs
- Not making negotiation emotional
- Talent is implied
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- When I Stop Talking, You’ll Know I’m Dead by Jerry Weintraub
- We Are The Same by The Tragically Hip
Enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes or Stitcher and write a brief review. That would really help get the word out and raise the visibility of the Creative Life show.