One of the world’s leading solo bassist with over 500 recordings, Michael Manring tells us about his passion for the bass guitar and doing solo recordings and concerts. Michael talks about how he got involved with the Windham Hill label and shares his biggest strengths and weaknesses.
“Every performance is a failure. Failing in Music generally is a great chance for growth.”
– Michael Manring
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Michael Manring Show Notes:
- on the biggest challenge as a musician
- on becoming a music teacher and getting a lot of gigs as a professional musician
- on working on his solo records and with percussionist Chris Garcia
- on the difference between playing with a drummer vs a percussionist
- on following your own stream of consciousness