In this episode of The Creative Life Podcast I talk with Andy Hall of The Infamous Stringdusters about life on the road as a touring musician and how he learned to love playing live.
“Music is not a competition. You can’t win. The only way to win is to keep doing it and make people smile and feel good.” – Andy Hall
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Andy Hall Show Notes:
- Playing with The Grateful Dead (2:05)
- Getting started playing dobro (3:19)
- Getting over injury as a musician (6:00)
- Practising with inspiration (8:50)
- Developing as a dobro player (11:30)
- Moving to Nashville and the tradition of Bluegrass music (12:50)
- Using technology to build audiences (16:00)
- Understanding how to be a business (18:10)
- Quieting the voice of uncertainty (19:30)
- Knowing his path (20:15)
- Fear and anxiety as a performer (23:45)
- Having authenticity (30:55)
- GoPro and social media (35:35)