Gregg Fraley is an entrepreneur, author, speaker, trainer, and consultant in commercial creativity and innovation who helps organizations with creative problem solving. Gregg’s diverse background includes everything from founding and managing high-flying software technology companies to working as an interactive television producer. He is the author of business novel “Jack’s Notebook” which is featured on many business school reading lists and he’s won an Emmy and a cable ACE award during his time at Warner Cable. Gregg is passionate about all things creativity and innovation and I’m delighted to have him on the show today.
In this episode of The Creative Life Podcast Gregg talks about attending the Intrapreneur Conference and always looking to connect with new groups of people. He tells us about his experiences in working in the television industry for many years and also shares with us how he discusses creativity to larger organizations.
“My stimulus for new ideas comes from experiences that I have in the marketplace. When I’m working with customers, I’m looking at how they’re using what we’re doing, I’m looking at how they’re responding on what we’re doing.”
– Gregg Fraley
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Gregg Fraley ‘Creative Problem Solving’ Show Notes:
- The Intrapreneurship Conference (1:26)
- IBM Survey on Creativity (4:00)
- Creative Problem Solving (5:02)
- Breakthrough innovation requires risk (10:06)
- Creative Problem Solving (CPS) – Osborn and Parnes (14:08)
- Problem Framing (14:23)
- Brainstorming techniques for introverts (15:08)
- Brainwriting (16;02)
- Brainstorming training (17:58)
- The business novel (26:04)
- Idea management systems (29:35)
- Creative Problem Solving – Osborn and Parnes
- Idea management systems